Monday, April 2, 2007

Good Morning


Haddon woke up at 5:oo this morning, which us usual for him. What is not so usual is that I felt very awake after he went back to sleep. I lay there in my bed thinking, " I wonder if I should just get up." I could have easily gone back to bed. That whole I can't go back to sleep thing has never been a problem for me. It was simply the whole spirit, urging me to get up. I lay there thinking of all the sweet rewards that getting up before my family would bring me- time of quiet and peace, time to study the word uninterrupted, watching the sun rise, 2 hours of reflective study and prayer with the gaurentee that no one was going to interrupt it and without the pressure to instead clean the house. Funny, though, as soon (and I mean the exact moment) that I resloved that, yes, I would get up this morning and spend time in the presence of the father... BOOM!...satan hit me with a sudden feeling of fatigue. whoa, mabye I really should sleep, I mean I am a mother to a newborn and we have been so busy, naps rarely happen, and....wait a minute, NO, these are all just things that the enemy is using to discourage me from being obedient to the prompting of the holy spirit. So by the grace of God, I got to experience a very sweet morning, and I pray, as I am watching the sun come up even now, that the the Lord will reward me with a renewed joy to serve my family and most of all him throughout whatever this day brings. I have DEFINETELY been inspired to do so through his word and the encouragement of Christians who have gone before me this morning. Let me just share with you the satisfying nuggets of truth that God has given me this morning. This was well worth the lack of sleep.
Psalms 9 (where I am studying as I currently go through C.H. Spurgeons "treasury of David" commentary. I DEFINETELY reccomend it)
verse 1- "I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart."
I was reminded to reslove to praise God with all of my heart.
"Praise is to be offered to God alone, we may be grateful to the intermediate agent, but our thanks must have long wings and mount aloft to heaven."- C.H.
-"Half heart is no heart."- C.H.
verse 2-"I will recount all of your wonderful deeds."
"Gratitude for one mercy refreshes the memory as to thousands of others. One silver link in the chain draws up a long series of tender rememberances. Here is eternal work for us , for there can be no end to the showing forth of all his deeds of love."-C.H.
verse 7-"But the Lord sits enthroned forever."
In light of the past, the futire is not doubtful. SInce the same almighty God fills the throne of power, we can with unhesitating confidence, exult in our security for all time to come.The enduring existence and unchanging dominion of our jehova, are the firm foundations of our joy"-C.H.
And as I prayed for my day, that I would unpack our house as a form of sincere worship. And that i would serve those I love with joy, these are the scriptures I was encouraged with.
Luke 17:10 "So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'we are unworthy servants;we have only done what was our duty."
John 9:4"We must work the works of him who sent mw while it is day; night is comng when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
1 Cor 3:12-15"Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw-each ones work will become manifest, for the day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of works eacho noe has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will recieve a reward."
Coll 13:23-24"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will recieve the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."
So this is what I have to face my day with. This is what I know as I change diapers, unpack boxes, talk to my family, do dishes and laundry... makes it all a whole lot sweeter, huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting up before anyone else really does change how the rest of the day goes! It gives us mothers a time to say Today I will choose to serve the Lord in whatever circumstance comes our way! Such a sweet reminder thanks Steph!