So far, they don't know why extabation failed. They will put another scope down in his respiratory system next time they extabate and they will up his feeds to try to strengthen him throughout the week. They will not try again until at least Friday, probably Monday. I think it is needless to say, but please pray. It is very discouraging, and though I am glad they don't see a major problem holding him back- it's not very comforting to know that they aren't sure why he can't breath on his own cause then how can they ensure it doesn't happen next time? But, ultimately only God can really help Shepherd and only God can illuminate the situation for the doctors. So pray He does just that.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
They extabated shepherd at around 4p yesterday evening. He was struggling, though not as hard as last time. I was with him till about 11pm and we got a phone call from the hospital at 5am saying they had to re-intabate him. So here we are, trying to trust God and trying not to let our minds wander to the future. We just have today to trust God's plan for Shepherd, and that will take all we have. And then his mercies are new in the morning.