Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sweet reminder


This is a quote from the book "Stepping Heavenward" by Elisabeth Prentiss. I found it on another blog that you should all visit, www.girltalk.blogs.com (done by caroline mahaney and her daughters.) This qoute is in response to Elisabeth's sister in law not being excited at the announcement of their third child.
What a refreshing reminder. My heart literally melts at reading it.

“She says I shall now have one mouth the more to fill and two feet the more to shoe, more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure or visiting, reading, music, and drawing. Well! This is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other. Here is a sweet fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which it dwells is worthy all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ’s name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother’s heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers!”(Stepping Heavenward, p.228-229)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an encouraging quote! I am pregnant with my third child. When this one is born, I will have three children under three:). I have encountered a lot of opposition from my family. I really needed to hear that, it encourages me to view children with the right perspective.
-Adrienne