Thursday, August 4, 2011



photo by Heba Salama

Again, so much to say...
Shepherd is feeling much better.
After the adenoidectomy and the subsequent allergic reaction to pain meds that sent us back to the hospital via ambulance...
we got home and he's doing good.
Other than a bronchitis they noticed during the bronch and are now treating, he's doing fabulous.

Then there's Haiti.
I wondered if I could go.
It seemed impossible ,
and so many factors had to play into making it possible.
I didn't know if I "should" go.
I only felt strong compassion for these children and the strong love for them leading me to LONG to be with them, and especially with Mayson for his eye surgery.
It was so hard to say that I should go when it seemed so impossible TO go.
But we took one step at a time towards the door seeing if it would open.
And it did.
In a lot of little ways.
Some bigger ways.
And one MAJOR way.

On Sunday afternoon, we got a phone call from a couple telling us that they would like to pay the cost of both Noah and I's trip to Haiti.
This couple isn't an intimate part of our lives, or at least wasn't at the time.
Now, of course, they have played a precious part in our lives and the lives of our children.
They merely heard of our need and chose to be remarkably generous.
I cried my way through lunch at the Mexican restaurant, munching on chips and salsa, in the corner, wiping tears.
This one HUGE wall, in our way...
One of the reasons I thought I shouldn't even entertain the idea of going....
The cost of the trip....
Taken care of...like that.
In one moment, God made the wall come crashing down.
And I would never have seen His provision to me through the generosity of God's people had I just rationally told myself, going wasn't an option.
We are simply blown away at the generous givers God surrounds us with.
To see God's loving hand reach out to you and feed you through the hands of his people is one of the most beautiful things we've experienced in our needy lives together.
It's such a tangible, clear picture that God is WITH US.

I can only pray that this generosity shown to us will change us.
That it will make us generous people.
That we will give wildly.
To be evidence of God's presence.

I can only pray that the people in Haiti will feel the same way we do,
when they are shown generosity through Gods people.

And so we go...
Saturday morning, August 6th, early in the morning.

"M" has surgery scheduled some time on Monday or Tuesday at this amazing place I can't wait to visit.

Will you please pray for this process with us?
We will also take our daughter with us to be seen. She has no obvious vision trouble but it is genetic so we want her seen.
We will hopefully get some sweet time with both of them as a family, and for this I am very hopeful.
Please also pray for good opportunities to speak with government officials about the adoption during Noah's month long trip.

Also, please pray for the current storm ripping its way through Haiti.
Pray for the children's safety at the orphanage, along with all of Haiti's people vulnerable to the storm's affects.
Please pray that this does not affect our travel plans in any way.
It appears to be heading into Florida right as we are trying to head out of Florida.
Great.

God knows and plans and loves and can be trusted.
I hope to keep everyone up to date on how things are going once we get there, but it's Haiti.
So....we'll see.

Exodus 4
10But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue." 11Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Lord, please, go with us.
Speak for us.
We've got nothing.
But you are everything.
And made everything...
including this beautiful, blind boy
this orphaned little girl
and these inconsequential, ignorant parents.
We are yours, for your glory.
Help us to trust you.

Psalm 146

1Praise the LORD!Praise the LORD, O my soul! 2I will praise the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

3 Put not your trust in princes,
in a son of man, in whom there is
(F) no salvation.
4When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;
on that very day his plans perish.

5Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6 who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them,
who keeps faith forever;
7 who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.

The LORD sets the prisoners free;

the LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down;
the LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,

but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

10 The LORD will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD!

*italics mine

photo by Nicole Brocato

I will sing praises to my God while I have my being, no matter what happens that I don't understand.

I'll put my trust where it belongs, not in governments or rulers but in the ruler of all.

I know that my plans along with all other men's plans are just that...plans.

God is the only one who always does exactly what he intends because only He has the power to accomplish his plans EVERY time.

When I die, my plans die with me.

Not God's, they go on and on...

I am blessed because THIS God is my help when I need it, and I always do.

May I live a bowed down life, knowing who I really am and who you are...really.

You watch over and protect these children along with all other's without one to call Father, protector.

You have shown that to these children.

You have loved them enough to send others to advocate for them and make their needy voices heard.

Heal "M"'s eyes that he may really see for the first time.

All the more, open his soul, that he may see you for who you are through this physical healing.

Give sight to the blind all over Haiti, that they may know you and call you God.

You are God forever.

You Reign on your throne.

And we are your people.

Whom have I to fear?

When you are King.

Currently.

Amen.

photo by Nicole Brocato

No comments: